Need a quick bite to eat? Need something that is loaded with delicious goodness? Then step into Five Guys in OKC.
We like hamburgers. We can make a pretty mean hamburger. We like to use a special recipe (not from grandma) but from our very own unique kitchen collection of homemade recipes. But, even though we make a good hamburger, we like to see what else is out there.
What we like about Five Guys:
- They have roasted peanuts available. Pick some and munch away as you wait for your food.
- Order and sit style. No bothersome waiters coming and going, interrupting your every thought.
- 100% fresh beef.
- The fact that you get to choose if you would like a regular hamburger, cheese burger, bacon burger or bacon cheese burger.
- All toppings are FREE. So you can go for it. Load it up with whatever you please. Mayo, lettuce, pickles, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, jalapenos, steak sauce, BBQ sauce or hot sauce. fresh cut potatoes, 5 guys style or Cajun style.
- Large windows, that let the natural light in.
I have tried the steak sauce option… not so good.
This time, I tried the BBQ sauce with pickles, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms. That was much better. Next time I will be brave and check out their hot sauce.
What we don’t like about Five Guys.
- Cost of their fries is not friendly. Large fries for 4.99?
- They have a cook that sings at the top of his lungs disrupting the tranquility of the space and hopes for a quiet lunch.
Overall not so bad. We would return again, if only for the food and not the ambiance.