Cabbage is a great vegetable to add to your diet. Read about the health benefits. You can eat it raw (I like mine in a coleslaw) or you can cook it (I like mine sauteed). In this video, I show you how to quickly sautee the cabbage in a medly of herbs and flavours. If you are going for the authentic Kenyan meal, the sauteed cabbage makes a great side dish for beef stew and pilau, or even with chapati and chicken.
If you trying out other cuisines then try it with spaghetti, hamburgers, hotdogs, and baked tilapia or fried catfish.
Here is the recipe… Try it. You are gonna love it!
Food: How to make a quick sauteed cabbage.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 handful cilantro/coriander/dhania
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- In a medium sized pot, cook onion, garlic until translucent.
- Add tomato and cilantro. Stir and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage, reduce heat, cover for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the cabbage to mix in the flavours from onion, garlic,cilantro and juices from tomatoes.
- Remove from heat and vent the lid.
- Place on a platter and serve. Scrumplicious! Enjoy!
All recipes created by Wright Photo Studios for Scrumplicious Food and Lifestyle