This is a healthy and wholesome salad, that tastes good both warm or at room temperature. You can have this salad as an appetizer or a light lunch, when you are on the go.
- Black eyed peas, cooked.
- your favorite spices or herbs. I like onion, garlic and chilli powders.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Romaine Lettuce
- Colored Bell Pepper; red, yellow and orange
- Italian Vinaigrette
- Cook black-eyed peas, season with your favorite spices, add salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced colored bell pepper, diced strawberries.
- Drizzle with a dressing like Italian Vinaigrette and entice your taste buds.
Quick and easy tip:
- Cook and season black eye peas, before hand and store in refrigerator.
- Shred lettuce, dice bell pepper and strawberries and store separately.
- When ready to make your quick light lunch or appetizer, combine and add dressing .