Green Juice is now all the rage. Everywhere you look, there is a new juice or smoothie recipe incorporating kale, cucumber, spinach, cilantro, parsley or lettuce sweetened with the juice of grapes, apples, pear, kiwi, orange, pineapple or strawberries and elements like ginger, lemon or honey.
I got into green juice when I realized that eating or drinking fresh vegetables was what I needed to loose weight and get away from the sluggish lifestyle that I was leading. After getting to my ideal weight, I did not stop there. I am more in love with green juice than ever before. It takes me but a few minutes to create a new recipe any day of the week.
Here is one I made recently. Apple Citrus Green juice. A healthy scoop of kale, a good doze of lemon and orange juice, sweetened with some honey and a honey crisp apple.
- 2 cups of shredded kale
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 1 sliced apple
- 2/3 glass of orange or other juice
- Blend the kale with water. To that base add the orange juice, lemon juice, apple and blend till smooth.
- To serve, pour the green juice about 1/3 of way into a glass. Add your favourite juice.
- If you like your juice a little sweeter, drizzle in some honey.
- I recommend apple juice, coconut water, grape juice or orange juice.
Watch the food video below to see how easy this is to make.