I love to make a big bowl of this coleslaw because it is so versatile, it’s goes well with most dishes and best of all it’s made with two ingredients that you can find just about anywhere. Fresh cabbage and fresh carrots! Add a little bit of freshly made dressing and you have yourself a delicious homemade coleslaw. Let me show you how to make it.
Recipe & Video: How to make delicious & fresh coleslaw.
- The slaw:
- 1 cabbage
- 5 carrots
- The dressing:
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- To make the Coleslaw base:
- Peel carrots with a potato peeler. In a food processor grate the carrots a few at a time until done.
- On a cutting board, cut the cabbage into half, then quarters, then eighths.
- Feed the pieces into a food processor to chop the cabbage.
- Mix the chopped cabbage and grated carrot.
- To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, chilli/ paprika, and black pepper until well incorporated.
- Pour dressing into the coleslaw base. Let it soak in, cover and put in the fridge to chill.
- Serve into small individual bowls and enjoy!
All recipes created by Wright Photo Studios for Scrumplicious Food and Lifestyle
There you have it. Another recipe that is made from fresh ingredients. Try it with any dish. You will love it.