Who says mac and cheese is only for the little ones? To make our Mac and Cheese into a grown up meal we added a side of cubed chicken. For a quick meal make this easy dish in under 1/2 hour then sit down to watch your favorite TV show.
The idea is to prepare chicken on a day you are not busy and the Mac and cheese on the day you want to eat it.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- If frozen, defrost your chicken and cut into cubes.
- In a skillet heat oil, brown chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool and store.
Day two – Mac and Cheese day
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Tbsp water
- Macaroni and Cheese in a box
- In a cup, dilute the tomato paste with water
- In a skillet, heat the diluted tomato paste, add cooked chicken stir and bring to a boil, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Make the Mac and Cheese according to instructions on the box.
Serve Mac and Cheese with the side of Chicken and any green vegetables you may have.