Oh how we love Texas Road House! (TRH). This is one of our special places to go for special events like birthdays, anniversaries and any big celebrations. We love the way the place makes you feel; like you have gone back into time. The warmth from the wood panels and the never ending buckets of peanuts are very welcoming. If you are a party of two ask if you can seat at the bar area. If you are lucky, you get to seat down right away and avoid the long waits.
Sweet Potatos are a great substitute for Potatoes. I like them because they have a natural sweetness to them and they taste even better when paired with fish or pork. If we are eating out, I always order Salmon if it comes with Sweet Potato. Read about my favorite place to get My “Sweet Potato and Salmon” kick.
This dish is so easy to make and is great for any busy weeknights. Follow this 1-2-3 method and enjoy your meal in less than one hour.
- 4 pieces of pork chops
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and brown seasoned pork chops over medium heat. Turn after about 5 minutes on each side. I like to cover the skillet and continue to cook on low for about another 5 or so mintues so that pork chops cook through better. Pork chops appear well done when no longer pink on the inside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized pot, heat vegetable oil and add sweet potato slices over medium heat. Season with onion and garlic powder. Add water, bring to a boil and simmer on low. Potatoes done when slightly soft. Test with fork for your own liking.
Serve dish with your favorite greens. Spinach, peas and corn combo or broccoli salad.