Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious Living July 2010, page 35 (revised).
I took it upon myself to revise the recipe directions so that it was easier to understand.
1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 scant teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup unrefined brown sugar
1 large egg
How to prep and bake
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spread coconut on a baking sheet and cook until lightly golden, 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Make the oat meal mixture (combine oats, chocolate chips and coconut in a medium bowl) and the flour mixture (sift together flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl).
3. In another large bowl, beat oil, vanilla and sugar on low speed. Add egg and beat until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until smooth. Do not over mix. Stir in oat mixture just until combined.
4. Drop tablespoons of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes rotate pan and bake another 5-7 minutes until cookie edges and centers are uniformly firm.
For chewier cookies, remove from oven when edges are set and centers are soft.
6. Cool 5 minutes; then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Seat and enjoy cookies when they are still warm. Enjoy with a glass of milk or a cup of tea!
Now, that is what I call a scrumplicious treat.