Sometimes it is nice to admit that you need help with exotic dishes. I came across this beautifully packaged spice mix that begged me to cook Tandoori using this easy to prep Indian Yogurt sauce mix in a one pot prep. I could not resist. I remember ordering this dish from restaurants in Nairobi over ten years ago, so I went for it. Before you prep make sure you have the Tandoori spice mix handy. The recipe comes on the box.
• 2- 1/2 lbs chicken thighs or breasts, skinless
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt ( don’t use light yogurt)
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• Tandoori seasoning from Urban Accents
- Score chicken pieces in a 1″ criss-cross pattern. Place chicken and lemon in a resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, onion and Tandoori seasoning until well combined.
- Add mixture to chicken, seal bag and turn chicken to coat evenly. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- Remove from refrigerator and place chicken in a baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until thermometer reads 180º F
Serve with Basmati Rice, Pita Bread, Chapati or Parathas.
You may garnish with lemon slices and red onions, thinly sliced.
What you get is a delicious exotic meal, that transfers you to far off lands and spices up your palate to the unimaginable heights of flavor and aromas. Try this easy Tandoori chicken and you may just have this as a constant on your dinner menu weeknights or weekends.